CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

On the Road



This weeks Lonely Planet Blog on MySpace is near and dear to my heart. While cross-country road trips, and out-of-country experiences are often praised, the band tour is often left out.

I got my first taste for traveling while sharing a ten-year old rusting van with five guys and a girl, driving up the East Coast on their bands tour. Different from traveling, but not too different from run-away road trips, cash is short, time is of the essence, and creativity is high. Changing drivers at midnight is necessary, and you grow a taste for lesser known fast food chains and roadside stands. Though I can't imagine hopping aboard that van again, I look back fondly at the open road and total freedom of rockstar road trips.

0 comments: