CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Backsplash beige no more

I've been having ongoing problems with my basement ceiling, and in an attempt to combat them, bought tin tiles. The idea was to attach them to pre-existing (read: ugly) ceiling tiles and make my damp, dark ceiling hideous no-more, but that didn't quite work out. So instead, my imagination got to working over time and I decided to try a little piece of the kitchen to see what it would look like. Please excuse the bad photography- rogue camera.

Before:



After:



What's that on the cabinets, you ask? Well, let me tell you. Chalkboard paint.

Yes, believe it or not, I slathered my cabinet doors in chalkboard paint with every intentions of scribbling to-do lists, recipes, notes to Craig, and reminders up there. The paint was originally for a neighboring wall, but after a kitchen marathon on HGTV I was too inspired to let this pass.




The other side isn't finished yet, but I'll post more when it is.
And yes, those are cheap Ikea knobs looking very sleek and fabulous on the doors.

0 comments: